Re: filmscanners: Constant crashes with Nikonscan 3.1/Coolscan 4000ED/W2K/Dual CPUs. Anyone got this combo to work?

At 11:46 04-10-01 +0100, you wrote:
>I see that a lot of people have been reporting that NikonScan
>is very buggy and crashes a lot.  I am having similar problems.
>Has anyone actually got this software to work under W2K/dual CPUs?
>There don't seem to be any reports of solutions that I can find
>(but lots of reports of problems). In addition to checking
>comp.periphs.scanners, I am trying to get a feeling for how
>common this problem is (and any solutions) so I can harass Nikon.

I use NS 3.1 on a Dell Precision 420 Workstation with dual 933 P3's and 768
MB RDRAM with three IBM HD's of 27, 60 and 75 GB capacity respectively. NS
3.1 does work but it can crash unexpectedly. The usual scenario is that it
crashes after four or five 16-bit scans and takes PShop 6.1 with it. I
figure that about ten minutes out of every hour is wasted because of the
crashes. It makes no difference whatsoever which background tasks,
services, etc. are running. I can count on periodic NS crashes. Bashing my
head against the wall would be more fun and yield about the same results.

Getting help from Nikon support is futile.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.