RE: filmscanners: Canon's scanner Test photo

Thanks Tom for your suggestions, but I'm not tempted by digital cameras yet.
I from those hard-die filmers, preferring good camera + high-quality optics
shoot on quality film (besides of the fact that high quality digital gear
still costs unbelievable amount of money).
I would still prefer high-quality scanning to full digital way...

What is the problem of FS4000US scanning slides ? Some kind of exposure
problems, color management or something else ?
Similar question in regard of Vuescan software dealing with negatives.
I think it's great the Vuescans inventor is listening to the List, this
seems to me the best
way to provide efficient support to his product.
Perhaps he will be able to explain us how to handle properly negatives using
his software...

Ed, are you here ?

BTW, Tom, does exposure control of the FS4000US software driven or pure
hardware ?
Do you think it will be possible for future software upgrades (by Canon
and/or Vuescan)
to implement much more efficient exposure control ?

Regards, Alex