filmscanners: Re: Insight Calibration, WAS: Best scanner software

on 9/30/01 12:01 PM PST, Dave King wrote:

> I take it from your comment that Insight does not have provision for
> IT-8 calibration.  Does it at least have provision for using the
> profile made with Silverfast?

This is the same question that I have been meaning to pose to David H. or
anyone who can answer it-

When you hit "preview" using Insight 4.5, the SS4000 goes through it's
warm-ups, and a Progress bar comes up saying "calibrating". Is the hardware
being calibrated each time you hit preview?  What is Insight calibrating to?

Assuming it's not to the Silverfast IT8 target, how does one (or can one)
apply the profile generated by the Silverfast IT8 target?

David Corwin

> From: David Corwin <davidcorwin@home.com>
>> First thing I would is to calibrate the ss4000 using supplied target.  Print
>> out the documentation from Silverfast on doing the calibration. Also visit
>> Ian Lyon's site and print out his documentation on doing the calibration.
>> Read through both of them a few times. Between those two sources, you should
>> be OK in doing the process, even though some steps are not crystal clear.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.