RE: filmscanners: Best scanner software

John,

I have no experience with the SilverFast software but absolutely LOVE
Vuescan for trannies, at least.  I'm an experienced scanner but new to the
SS4000 myself.

I've spent $40 on far less useful things. :)  Hamrick software has a full
featured demo you can d/l from www.hamrick.com that you can try.  Paying for
& registering the software will get rid of the diagonal lines the demo puts
on the output.  Good for a test drive before you buy.

HTH --

Dave

>I just recieved the Poloraid 4000 and am trying to decide from reading the
>messages which would be best for a novice like me, the Poloraid, VueScan or
>the Silverfast. Of course the Poloraid and SilverFast came with
>the scanner,
>but $40.00 for the VueScan is a very fair price for software that works
>well.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John in OKC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.