re: filmscanners: VueScan 7.1.17 Available

Alan Womack wrote:

> Ed:
>
> What type of adjustment in gamma and the white point % do you suggest for
> mimicing the effect of Brightness from Vuescan 7.1.16?
>
> I'd have to agree with an earlier poster that using brightness was nice
> for just bringing up the shadows a bit where gamma would shove the
> brighter parts of the image up too much.  I routinely use a white point of
> .1 or .01 or .001 and there isn't a whole lot of room to bring that down!

I'd go along with this.  I too often use Brightness to bring up the shadows
without over
compressing highlight detail.  Using gamma adjustments (in VS or Photoshop) or
levels/curves never seem to give as natural or smooth an effect as Brightness.
But
then again, I know I'm no Photoshop wiz so I might be missing something
obvious....

Al Bond

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.