filmscanners: Vuescan not saving options, serial number

Ed, list-
On my Mac G4/Dual450/9.1,  I have not been able to get Vuescan to save any
of my settings or serial number since version 7.1.5.  Here is what happens
(including the latest version 7.1.17)-

Each time I launch Vuescan (all versions tried since version 7.1.5) the
dialogue box comes up reminding me to register Vuescan.  I enter the serial
number, through Help>About (as an aside, the keyboard shortcut, Command B,
doesn't work). I hit OK and, even though curiously, the splash screen is
empty, it accepts the number.

I change the options, do a scan, everything works fine, but when I quit
Vuescan, I have to go through the process all over again (serial number,
blank splash screen, re-set options).  I tried what Tony suggested- copying
the old .ini file to the new folder- still no go.

Any suggestions?  In the interim, I have been going back to version 7.1.5,
but I like all the improvements since!   Thanks,

David Corwin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.