Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Autoexposure problem in Vuescan

In a message dated 9/19/2001 6:17:07 PM EST, harper@wordweb.com writes:

> Cool.  Maybe my recent photos are unusual because most people don't spend
>  their time photographing lots of planes in bright sky, but I wanted to
raise
>  it in the group so others were aware of the issue.

I'll try to add some code to automatically detect this case, and
set the mask value to something reasonable.

>  OK, presumably the preview is ok because it does include the
>  mask somewhere.

Yes, the preview probably has some of the unexposed film
visible around the edges.

Now that I think of it, this problem may be the reason some
people say that the scan sometimes looks quite a bit different
from the preview.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.