From: Barbara & Martin Greene [mailto:martbarb@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 8:40 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: Washed out sky/Vuescan

I have a trial version that I'm using with a just purchased Sprintscan
4000,and want to be sure I can get the results I want before I buy it.  I
find the instructions very confusing.  My difficulty is that the colors seem
somewhat washed out, especially blue sky.  I'm using a Mac and scanning
slides.   I'm not sure what my color settings should be, but I've set it on:

White Balance
Auto Blackpoint on
Black Point 0
White Point 0.5
Color Space Adobe RGB
Gamma 1.8
Image Brightness 1
I've tried it both with and without Auto Mask

Would appreciate suggestions

Martin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.