RE: filmscanners: brandnew user queries

Has anyone tried the new air blowers that are in computer stores for
cleaning computers. They consist of a small pump and a fancy spray can. You
pump the cans up when you need more air. Would the air not be dry and might
these spray "stuff" on negatives and slides or might they be OK?

> > (3) I use Falcon brand Dust Off.  They're much cheaper at Costco then
> > office supply warehouses.  Be careful not to shake or tip the can
> > before using it (otherwise you'll end up spraying something whitish
> > that coats the film).  Also spray a light jet to clear the nozzle
> > before blowing off your film.  I've heard rumor that these canned air
> > products might not be good for film, but so far I've had no visible
> > problem.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.