Re: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

Laurie writes:

> Average versus maximum for whom.

For Web surfers at large.  I keep statistics for visitors to my site, and they
correlate well with statistics I have seen for other sites.  Right now, 800x600
is the most common resolution.

> The 1024 X 768 being the resolution that
> has the average usage in terms of all the
> actually used resolutions.

1024x768 is in second place, after 800x600.

> You never said that average and maximum resolutions
> referred to *usage* and by *web surfers only* until
> this post.

Since the discussion originally referred to _Web surfers_ _using_ the Web to
access images, to what else would I have been referring?

> I am not even going to ask for the source of
> this statistic.

The primary source is my server logs, and the log data I've seen from other
sites, as well as some explicit studies I've encountered, agree with mine.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.