RE: filmscanners: MacWorld Film Scanner Review

>I was surprised to see the note about graininess when scanning color
>negatives with the SS4000 and the Microtek, given that I never read such
>complaints on the list. This worries me a bit: I already have two printers,
>one for B&W and one for color, but I'd find it hard to explain why I need
>the SS4000 for B&W and the Nikon ED4000 for color...
>Has any user of these scanners evidence of this?
>
>Alessandro Pardi

I suspect the "grain" that was encountered was the aliasing that
scanners have with some films, as people have mentioned on this list.
A simple switch to a different film with  a slightly different grain
structure and the "grain" would probably disappear.  This was a mass
market computer magazine comparo. You are going to get infinitely
more information on Tony's web site.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California