RE: filmscanners: ReSize, ReSample or ReScan ?

> Dean -
>
>  you said the "magic resolution for your Alps MD5000 is 300 dpi.
>
> Two questions, How does one determine the magic resolution of
> one's printer? and since I am lazy, what is the magic resolution
> of an Epson 1280?

Don't buy into this "magic resolution" claim.  Just because a particular
pattern (that has nothing to do with the variety of real images you will be
printing) prints "better" at a particular DPI does not mean there is a
universal "magic resolution" for every/other image(s).

The image that was "posted" only has black and white lines.  Again, hardly
indicative of a normal photographic image.  Personally, I believe this is a
very flawed test, and any conclusions drawn from it are only valid for THAT
very image, and are erroneous for any real photographic image.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.