Re: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

Laurie writes:

> I doubt it, the people who are stealing your
> images are probably the young teenagers and
> people on the street who are not using them
> commercially anyway and who you will not educate
> or stop.

I'm not so sure.  My impression is that stealing images is the rule on the Web,
rather than the exception.  For every person who asks me permission to use an
image, I suspect there are one hundred others who just copy the image and never
say anything to me.

> Copyrights mostly pertain to commercial reproduction
> and use not to personal non-commercial uses.

Personal reproduction is generally prohibited, too, and is most likely to be
actively sanctioned when it involves a significant material loss for the
copyright holder.  The problem is that individual infringements involve so
little loss and are so hard to isolate and prosecute that most copyright holders
let it slide.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.