Re: filmscanners: Selecting a scanner

Jack,

I appreciate your opinion from a position of expertise.  I'm guessing you're
live in Austin, as I do.  Nice place, isn't it.

Anyway, while my new LS-4000 has ICE and my old SS4000 didn't.  Perhaps I am
just more careful, but as long as I did a reasonable job getting the negs
cleaned first, I had no dust problems with the Polaroid.  Actually, I've
gone the other direction, as the way the roll film feeder works, there is
almost no way to get the dust off prior to scanning.

Would ICE clean the up? Yes, but at the expense of softness.  Will I use it?
Rarely.

I like the scanner, but ICE didn't have an impact on my purchase.

Tom

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.