Re: filmscanners: OT - Canon S800 was Dust removal software?

I have a Canon Australia supplied test print from the S800.

The flesh tones in the sample (a girl swimming underwater) tend in a rather
ugly way towards orange*, and dark areas show noticable striping when
viewed closely (just like my Epson when a jet is clogged!).  I checked a
number of samples, and they were all identical..

Now maybe it's just a bad run of samples, but if so, Canon Oz should try to
get their act together if they really want to sell it - it is quite
expensive over here so buyers are likely to be fussy.  Overall I was
somewhat unimpressed, but I have asked the supplier to call me in when he
gets one...

I know Tony was keen to try this printer, so I wait with baited breath for
his comments..

mark t

* And yes I checked with a number of 'un-protanopic' friends!

At 10:37 PM 6/09/01 +1200, Colin wrote:
>Tony wrote:
> >Printing them well is another matter however, best discussed elsewhere.
>
>Not even a wee discussion? Have you seen prints off the Canon S800 yet?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.