Re: filmscanners: Nikon Scan & VS Negative dynamic range

Hmm - maybe this is one of those things that Nikon withheld from LS30 /
LS40????  (I have the LS2000).

I dunno, if this is the case it is unnecessary, but a good reason to buy
the more expensive scanner versions, or alternatively to buy
Vuescan.  Surprise Surprise!

If I didn't have this facility I would ABSOLUTELY be using Vuescan,
although I will investigate the clipping settings you describe which I
didn't know about.  If they can be set low enough I probably should be
using them.  Thanks for the tip.

Julian

At 23:29 06/09/01, you wrote:
>"Jawed Ashraf" <Jawed@cupidity.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> > I've never seen these options in Nikon Scan 3.0/3.1.  Where should I be
> > looking (I can be blind like this sometimes)?
> > >===== Original Message From Julian Robinson <jrobinso@pcug.org.au> =====
> > >Have you tried Scanner Extras / Prescan mode / low cont neutral?
>
>Julian, the setting you refer to isn't in 3.1.  It must have been lost after
>2.51.
>However Jawed, try looking in the "Prefs" button under "Advanced Colour.
>There is a setting at the bottom for the percentage to exclude of black and
>white
>pixels as well as the sample point size.  The default % is 0.5 so that's
>probably
>where the clipping is.  Try 0.1% and see if you're happier!
>
>Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.