Re: filmscanners: Re: Nikon Super coolscan problems

At 23:40 31-08-01 -0400, you wrote:
>Cary
>
>Can you tell me in detail how vuescan might help to remove crud and
>improve sharpness in the Nikon Super coolscan 4000.

Download a trial copy and see if you're pleased with the results. It
doesn't cost anything to try it. All the film that I've scanned has been 30
years old or more. For Ektachromes I use NikonScan and am pleased with the
results. For Kodachromes only Vuescan works and it does a very fine job of
it. I'd use it for everything but am still much more comfortable with a
fully WYSIWYHYG (What You See Is What You Hope You Get) interface. There's
some trial and error and fine tuning involved with Vuescan unless you
become quite expert with it (which I'm not).

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.