Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:43:16 +0200  Anthony Atkielski
(atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr) wrote:

>  The Polaroid SS4000 has been suggested, so I
> am considering that, although I still have some questions about the
> dynamic
> range, and it is essential that this range be equal to or greater than
> the
> LS-2000, since I scan mostly slides.

IMV the LS2000 has perhaps a little more shadow separation and about
identical ODR if you use 16x multiscanning. With 1x and probably 4x
scanning it has less useable ODR than the Polaroid 4000, thanks to a lot
more CCD noise.

It may seem obvious, but the reviews of both at my site have samples so you
can decide for yourself.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info