RE: filmscanners: Photoshop 6.0.1 Colour management with VUESCAN 7.1.9

> One final trick I tried in PS that seems to work (but I'm sure is not a
> good Idea) was to output from vuescan without a profile then open in PS
> and force my monitor profile on the image [with convert to working space
> after ticked] and that seems to do the trick.  The image in PS looks like
> the image in VueScan but this must be a bad idea I feel.

VueScan displays the image with no correction for the display color.  If
what you see in VueScan's preview window is the color you would like to see
in Photoshop, then the procedure you mentioned is correct.

An ICC savvy program would take an image,  determine its color space (e.g.,
AdobeRGB), and convert the display values to the color space used by the
monitor, e.g., DisplayRGB.  By not doing the display conversion, the
displayed image can be correct only if the image color space is DisplayRGB.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.