filmscanners: roll film adapters

Dear Filmscanners,
I am considering purchasing a Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED to
electronically archive the 10000 35mm slides and hundreds of uncut rolls
of mostly Fuji Super HQ 100 color negative film that I have exposed in
the microscope over the last 15 years.  I was attracted to the 4000 ED
in part because of its ability to handle bulk loading.  Where can I find
a discussion of the real and potential problems that I might face with
bulk loading in general and with this Nikon model in particular?  It
seems to offer freedom from tedium, but am I going to wish I had
manually focussed each image anyway?  Thanks in advance.  Cheers.
Mike
--
Michael DePangher, Ph.D.
Spectrum Petrographics Inc.

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it
over?"

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.