Re: filmscanners: LS 4000

   JFMahony91@aol.com wrote: what are event viewer
logs and where are they?

Event Viewer logs are (not surprisingly) logs of
events (sorry, I cna't think of a better general
description) grouped by type of event. NT and W2k  do
this in the background, and logs are created for
System, Security, and Application events. In Win2K,
open Control Panel, select Administtrative Tools (NT
has it in a different location,
Start>Programs>Administrative Tools), then Event
Viewer. You will have an applet open that is used more
or less like Explorer to browse the logs. In this
case, just the System and Application ones are likely
to have pertinent info for your immediate problem.

Feel free to post any possible entries from the log
here and I (or someone else) will certainly try to
help out.

Pat