Re: filmscanners: OT? - Review on Canon FS4000/film is dead

>Yes.  At least from an 'aspiring amateur' viewpoint. More accurately,
>digital cameras with sufficient resloution (ie from about 5 Mp upwards,
>preferably 10) are not within my budget.

See my earlier comments about what a 3.3 MP pic looks like ... camera cost
is ridiculous compared to equiv film model though. About a factor of 4 for
the same features.

>>For me it seems that on the net you can find only extreme opinions (like the
>>one cited above). You can either find statements like "film is already dead"

Only threatened :)

>of the market.  As was said in another post, TRY printing a good digital
>image at say 100 dpi and 200 dpi, and then show it to a 'normal' person, ie

What I really said was take a look at an A2 print off a 3.3MP digi. Happens
to be 100 dpi or so. Probably would look a bit mushy as a 10x15 (cm) though.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.