Apache-Talk @lexa.ru

Inet-Admins @info.east.ru

Filmscanners @halftone.co.uk

Security-alerts @yandex-team.ru

nginx-ru @sysoev.ru

      :: Filmscanners

Re: filmscanners: focusing-scan elite

Jules wrote:

> Scan Elite users, I would like to hear from you on your thoughts on this
> scanners sharpness.

Hi.  I wasn't sure whether the fixed focus on the Elite (or rather the DOF)
would be
enough when I got mine.  So I used a test based on a suggestion by Tony Sleep.

Get an old film leader, blank slide etc and gently score a fine cross on it
with a scalpel
or razor blade.  Do both vertical and horizontal crosses both at the centre and
edge of
the frame.  You could even do this on both sides of the film if you want to see
whether
the focus favours one side rather than the other.

Certainly, as far as I can tell, the focus and DOF seem OK.

Al Bond

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.