Re: Getting around the firewire problem was Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

"Anthony Atkielski" <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > So you're painted yourself into a corner again.
> How so?  Everything works for me.

You can't upgrade.

> I was thinking of the LS-2000, not the LS-30.  The hardware is identical,
of
> course, but the firmware is crippled in the LS-30, and one of the features
that
> is crippled is the dynamic range.

I thought you already had an LS2000?  FWIW I haven't found the dynamic range
to be a huge problem with Vuescan.  At the point where shadow detail is lost
in a
slide scan I'm seldom interested in seeing it on a print anyway.  The LS30's
DR is
more than adequate for any kind of C41 film.  If I was really serious about
scanning
silver based B&W I'd need a different scanner - my (limited) experience of
scanning
B&W film is that it's much too dense for the LS30.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.