Re: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

"Anthony Atkielski" <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> So I'll be staying with the LS-2000 indefinitely, unless I can find
something
> better that is compatible with my current system.  I'm not going to spend
> $10,000 and six months on a whole new hardware and software configuration
just
> to install one scanner.

Not to belittle the problem, but assuming you're talking US dollars you
could probably
buy a cheap celeron or AMD computer for about $500 and fit the firewire on
*that*.
You could still use your current PC for everything else.  Use Windows
networking
and you could copy the files across, or put a CD burner in the new machine.
I know
the new machine presents a space problem on the desk but at least it doesn't
require
rebuilding your existing machine. :)

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.