----------------------

From: Moreno Polloni <mp@dccnet.com>

The ICE and GEM features didn't seem very important to me either, but now
that I have the scanner, I use them often enough to consider them essential.
They really do save a lot of time. No matter how well I clean the images
beforehand, there's always a few specks that sneak in.

The banding with the 8000 (in my experience) has never occured during
straight scans, but only when ICE or multi-sampling is enabled. NikonScan
3.2 is due soon and hopefully that will help.

------------------------

From: Tim Spragens <t.spragens@cityweb.de>

Bad news, Lawrence, sorry to hear it. Has anyone had difficulties
with the Polaroid? The cleanup hardware/software of the Nikon
aren't so much of an interest to me, but good, reliable straight
scans are. I was hoping the Nikons would be flowing out now,
allowing more comparisons between the two.

Tim

> I can't speak for anyone else but I've had 2 8000's and they both had
> banding issues.  The second one has been at Nikon repair for almost 2
> weeks now and is as they say 'still on the bench'.  needless to say,
> I'm not too happy at this point.  That damn thing had better work
> correctly when it get returned to me or Nikon is going to get more
> than an ear full...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.