Re: filmscanners: film vs. digital cameras - wedding/commercial photography

--- "Robert E. Wright" <rew@impulse.net> wrote:
> [...]

First it's 144MBITS not Mbytes. 144Mbits=18Mbytes (actually accoring to
my first assumption of 12bits channel it's 27Mbytes). Second, as I have
mentioned the cameras (S1, D1x) does NOT capture all three channels for
all pixels. Only one channel per pixel. The other 2 channels (2/3 of
the total output data) is interpolated either by the camera or software
on the computer (in case of raw images).

Robert