Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Why not sRGB ?

Lynn writes:

> ... it struck me that adjusting Green in *Levels*
> would move the blue in "Bear" more toward turquoise
> and yet leave the white snow  relatively white.
> And it does.

Curves are better than Levels for this sort of thing.  Levels works kind of like
curves, but with a fixed shape to the curve, whereas Curves lets you define an
exact shape of your own.  There are situations in which this is handy, as you
might want to (for example) crank blue in the shadows, but not touch it in the
highlights, or something like that.

> However, these settings can't be saved in PS-LE ...

Sounds like they've removed exactly the stuff that people might want most once
they get used to the product.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.