RE: filmscanners: Dusty Scans on SS4000 (was Nikon 8000)

> >...if that were the case, my Leafscan would have the same problem, and it
> >does not
>
> I don't know the Leafscan but didn't you say it blows clean air over the
> film? A bit of an unfair comparison.

Not unfair...a scanner IS a scanner after all ;-)  I wouldn't call it "blows
air over the film" but it does have a fan with a filter on it that
pressurizes that chamber and I am sure removes a good part of airborne dust
that would otherwise settle, as well as prohibit any to enter through open
areas during the scan...

> is the Leafscan cooling or
> dusting?)

Yes.  I don't know what the original designer had in his/her mind, but I am
sure it does both.

> At the end of the day are we not limited by the equipment. The Polaroid
> is a £1000 scanner, how much was your Leafscan?

Originally, they were $16k...they go used for around $2000-$4500, but with
the introduction of the SS120 and the Nikon 8000, they are going for more on
the low side of that figure...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.