Re: filmscanners: Scanner slide feeders for 35 mm scanners - likes and dislikes

David,

I think John is hitting the nail right on the head.  I had an SS4000 and
thought it was a great scanner.  I'm now using a LS4000 because of the film
handling.  The Nikon scanners let you just feed in a bare filmstrip.  I use
the roll feed adapter as well.  Yes, the Polaroid filmholder is probably
more precise.  When I want the extra precision I can use the Nikon film
holder, but when I want raw speed or unattended operation I use the roll
feed adapter or the filmstrip feeder.

Ice, Roc and Gem are indispensable to many people and some others don't
really care, but nobody loves the Polaroid filmstrip holder.

I love my Nikon LS4000, but if Polaroid had filmhandling like Nikon (and
maybe ICE3) I'd drop it in a heartbeat and buy and recommend Polaroid
regardless of cost.......because Nikon doesn't offer worthwhile support and
Polaroid does (they have you).

Thank you for asking,

Best Regards,

Bob Kehl