filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: reply regarding Sony 420 G monitor

Jawed wrote:
>Well 98 (non SE) supports gamma correction through Adobe Gamma and through
>nice curves in the Display applet of Control Panel with my ATI card, so
>doubt 98, per se, is the root of this kind of problem.

OK, I couldn't remember whether the gamma curve in the display applet appeared
with 98 or 98SE.  Actually I don't remember if I ever installed 98 "classic".
 I only moved to 98SE from 95 because I had to in order to get IRQ sharing.

Regardless, AFAIK Microsoft stated that 98SE was the first "fully working"
version of the 2.0 CMS.  Some may argue that the Windows CMS is still broken
however. :)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com