Re: filmscanners: Shadows and Scanwit 2720s

In a message dated 08/07/2001 12:40:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TonySleep@halftone.co.uk writes:

<< No, not damaged. These sorts of horribleness are revealed when you try and
 use a scanner beyond its capabilities. You are exposing behaviour which
 would normally be hidden 'below' the black point, and then amplifying the
 defects by boosting contrast. Basically, if a sensible black point doesn't
 allow a decent scan you are stuffed.

 Regards

 Tony Sleep >>

Could this be what is buggering Art and his new SDII?  Asking for more than
the scanner is capable?  I also have a "new" SDII and "seem" to get some nice
prints from scans.  Of course, I don't know what I am doing yet.  But I would
think blowing up a scan 2-300% would show the uglies from the scanner.  I
understand pushing the limits to see how far you can go but....

Ed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.