filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

Lynn wrote:
>DVD-RAM. Not enough info, IMO, but a start. DVD holds a lot of data (up
>14 MB). Down side: if it goes bad, you *lose* a lot of data!

Presumably you meant 14GB. :)  Funny I was just reading about DVD-RAM and
DVD-RW last night and they were only talking a max of 4.7GB per side.  But
it may not take too long to get higher densities.  Yes, you could lose a
lot of data - one of the things DVD-RAM has going for it is a case around
the disk akin to the case on a 3.5" floppy.  Reducing the likelihood of
damage has to help.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com