Re: filmscanners: Scanning Kodachromes with LS30

In a message dated 7/26/2001 2:21:09 AM EST, roberts@bigpond.com writes:
>They are a square image measuring about 22mm on a side. This pretty
>much buggers me for scanning the whole image but the owner of the
>slides (family!) don't mind if I forcibly have to crop due to the
>scanners limitations.

I expect Ed is right & these are Instamatic format. If they are 22mm
square then they should fit your scanner fine as 35mm is larger at 24
mm x 36 mm but I have a vague memory that Instamatic was 40mm x 40mm
which would explain your difficulty.

You should be aware that much Instamatic film was made with a very
thick emulsion to ensure unsharp results (yes really!) and give good
exposure latitude. This could lead to all sorts of difficulties.

David Hoffman
--
   David Hoffman Photo Library
  <http://www.hoffmanphotos.com>

  phone +44 (0)20 8981 5041 fax  +44 (0)20 8980 2041

  Photography is a fad well nigh on its last legs, thanks largely to
the bicycle craze.
  Alfred Stieglitz 1897.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.