filmscanners: IT8 Calibration was Re: filmscanners: I love/hate SilverFast

Roger wrote:
> Too bad Insight and Vuescan don't support IT-8 calibration.
> That's the only reason I've tolerating this SilverFast

For the purchase price of Vuescan it might be worth trying with the SS4000
just to see how much difference calibration really makes?

It occurs to me to wonder how much difference IT8 calibration on a film
scanner makes?  Presumably the IT8 target is an ektachrome slide, so you'd
be calibrating for that type of film.  What about negs?  What about other
brands of slide?  Is the calibration just introducing colour shifts that
will have to be corrected anyway?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com