filmscanners: RGB gain/bias controls? help

Excuse this off topic post
It is astounding to me how hard it is to get details on some
computer products.

I'm looking to get two monitors for a
dual head display to use for scanning and photoshop.

I'm interested in the Sony 19" monitors.
After numerous trips to multiple computer stores here in
silicon valley I think that the 19" Sony G400 monitor does
NOT have RGB gain and bias controls. I believe that the
Sony G420 19" monitor DOES have RGB gain and bias
controls.

Can anyone on the list confirm or contradict this?

I've been using a 21" Sony from work that does have this
capability and am convinced I need RGB gain/bias
control for calibrating with my ColorVison MC7 calibrator

Walk into your local computer store and mention
color profiles and see what happens. The most insightful
response I got was something akin to, "baseball's been
very, very good to me.'
Thanks,
JimD

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.