filmscanners: Linux version of Vuescan

Hi!

I have used Vuescan for about 18 months now, with a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi
scanner. Ed Hamrick developed the drivers for this scanner by having me
testing all changes he made, so I feel quite involved in Vuescan.

I have essentially doing all my stuff at home with Linux for six years now.

Regarding photography i use mostly Pentax 6x7 and Velvia, and never negative
film.

My experience with Vuesan is a very pleasant one. It gives better colors than
the original Minolta driver, and it is quite stable. It may have a few
quirks, especially with my scanner which handles o lot of different formats.

I have a friend who has a IMac, and I tried to use Vuescan on his computer,
but it was unfortunately not very stable (in the version that was available
at that time). With the Linux version I had very little problems.

Best regards

Erik Kaffehr

--
Erik Kaffehr                erik.kaffehr@swipnet.se alt. ekr@ksu.se
Mariebergsvägen 53          +46 155 219338 (home)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.