From: "Mário Teixeira" <mjteixeira@yahoo.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Cc: "0_mj" <mjteixeira@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Microtek ArtixScan 4000T - fault

I had the same error with similar synptoms and the scanner "died" (no answer
when pressing the power button) a little later. It was replaced by the
reseller in my country after a hard and long war. My second 4000t works OK,
but the power button doesn't work since the second day of usage. I am happy
that it is always on, so I can power on and off in the outlet. I am very
suspicious about Microtek's quality control, so I will keep this one and if
it will have a bigger problem I think that I will purchase a scanner from
another brand.

If I were you I would follow Microtek's advice and return the defective
scanner. Good luck with your problem.

Mário Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com