RE: filmscanners: VueScan 7.1.7 Available

I would suggest that multi-scanning with the LS40 (IV) is a waste of time.
If you're that perfectionist, get a 4000 (the 4000 is less than twice the
LS40's cost, as far as I can make out).

The LS40's noise is low enough, I reckon, that multi-scanning doesn't solve
noise problems.  And if you have a dense slide to scan (Velvia, say - I've
done this explicit test), then you'll eek a tiny bit extra out, but will
come to the conclusion that Velvia is beyond the LS40.

Provia and Astia seem to be within the LS40's reach (or at worst just on the
edge).  I have all three of these slide films here, courtesy of a friend, so
I can post some tests if you *really* want me to...

I would caution you that I'm not at the level of perfectionism that many
round here show - I guess I consider myself as erring on the side of
practicality rather than perfection (dig :-) - that's why I own the LS40, I
suppose.  I'd be interested in other peeps' views - maybe I just haven't
tried hard enough (how hard do you have to try, sigh...)

Check the filmscanner's list archive for more opinions, maybe...

http://phi.res.cse.dmu.ac.uk/Filmscan/

Jawed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.