Re: filmscanners: Scanning and memory limits in Windows

>  There are also large numbers of motherboards around which don't
> cache the memory above 512Mb (or an even lower limit).  With those it may
> degrade overall performance to add more than 512 Mb.

I can't think of any motherboards for Pentium II/III/IV,Celerons,Athlons or
Durons for which this will apply as they all have onboard 2nd level cache
with the exception of the early celerons (266 & 300 [plain 300]). The 266 &
300 celerons were pathetic due to a complete lack of 2nd level cache.

The only limit that I can remember is 64MB for Intel TX chipset which was
for Pentium I.

Steve

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.