Re: filmscanners: Archiving Photos

Hi, Larry--

>This was three years ago (seems like a lifetime) when I didn't know
>anything about scanning or had never even installed Photoshop.

You've crammed a lot of scanning and learning into that 3 years, Larry. :-)

>If I had it to do all over again I would save an uncompressed file of each
>image for myself. But that was then and this is now. We can't go back
>because time isn't a luxury.

Yes, I might, too (although I had over 5000 files). That was the
"cautionary" point I was making--I've always been a little "nervous" about
the smaller files. But the CD photo albums were quite well recieved, and as
you said, I'm the only one who knows there's a little something wrong with a
few pictures (or why). :-)

JPEG compressions *are* retouchable, it's just that you don't get the
results you would if you retouched from a higher-res, less compressed file
(nor as quickly).

Best regards--LRA