Re: Scanning multiple times (was Re: filmscanners: Vuescan gripes)

Ed wrote:

>>You might get better results with underexposed negatives by
>deliberately blurring the focus by turning off "Device|Auto focus"
>and manually changing the focus.
>
>Of course, I could be completely wrong about this <smile>

This is an ungrateful thing to say, but in respect to the Acer, I get
somewhat darker scans on *underexposed* negs with the native Mira driver.
That's because the Vuescan driver (at least the way I've been using
it--which is seat-of-the-pants flying, BTW) seems to give a slightly longer
exposure than the Mira. This is *great* for underexposed slides and
overexposed negs, however, which is where most of my problems are.

Best regards--LRA

Best regards--LRA