Re: Scanning multiple times (was Re: filmscanners: Vuescan gripes)

Thanks for that, Ed.  I figured I must be the only one who thought that was
the case..

To be honest I've never used it to help with overexposed negs/ undexposed
slides because my Acer has no trouble with these - from conversations with
other Acer users, I suspect either my lamp is particularly bright :) or the
unit is calibrated differently to most.

I only have real trouble with noise and g-a in the light areas of film, so
it doesn't help me much.

Mark T.

At 12:22 PM 21/07/01 -0400, Ed wrote:
>My experience has been that multiscanning doesn't help
>underexposed negatives at all, but instead is only
>marginally useful for overexposed negatives and underexposed
>slides.  It primarily helps get detail from dark areas on the film.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.