Re: filmscanners: My replacement 8000 is banding like the firstone :-(

>The thing that totally amazes me is that scanner manufacturers
>like Acer (AGFA resells also) and Microtek (Polaroid resells also)
>haven't figured out that they can extend the product life of their
>scanners and make them more competitive by adding single-pass
>multi-scanning.  I'll bet it wouldn't take more than a few hours to
>add this to the firmware of most scanner manufacturers.

How about "intelligent" multi-scanning:  The scanner checks for dark pixels
and if there are none in an area, it doesn't do multi-scanning on that line
of pixels, thereby speed up multi-scanning.

Mike Duncan

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.