Re: filmscanners: Vuescan gripes

In a message dated 7/20/2001 9:50:04 AM EST, alessandro.pardi@inferentia.it
writes:

> Me too. Having a LS-30 I badly need Vuescan as it's the only way to extract
>  10 bits rather than 8, and it's really a waste of time having to make a
real
>  scan to check if the exposure is correct (no clipping at the high and low
>  ends), rather than simply looking at the histogram after the preview. Or am
>  I missing something?

Why would you need to check to see if the auto exposure is correct?
Has anyone ever seen a case where the "Device|Auto exposure"
option doesn't work optimally?

It's fairly conservative, and there shouldn't be many pixels in the
raw scan file that are above 95% of white.

The clipping of the cropped file is controlled by the
"Color|White point (%)" and "Color|Black point (%)"
options.  Is there a problem with one of these options?

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.