filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Vuescan gripes

Rafe wrote:
>Ayup.  I still wonder why Vuescan is so revered by so many.
>Earlier versions didn't even have a preview window.

Because it gets me results from my scanner I simply can't get with the OEM
driver.  Sure, the interface could be improved, but *any* interface that
gets me better results than Nikonscan and gives me more value for money
from my scanner purchase is very worthwhile.  I would have thrown the LS30
out the window long ago if it wasn't for Vuescan.  No interface other than
vuescan gives me 10 bits per channel, and until recently no other interface
eliminated the jaggies.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com