RE: filmscanners: image samples of digital artifacts

I hate to admit this and invite pressure :), but I have been collecting
some bits and pieces for exactly this purpose..

My initial plan was to use microphotographs as well as scan samples to show
how the grain-aliasing on my Acer is indeed 'set off' by real grain, and
also to show how grain patterns vary in different colours/densities on
negs.  I once found a web-site with some of this, but do you reckon I can
find it now..?

I still plan to do that, but may as well toss in other defects as
well..  (Although I don't have a Nikon ;), so I'll need to get permission
from some kind soul to add some banding/jaggie samples.)

If anyone else wants to contribute or make suggestions on other defects I
should try to document, feel free.

In the meantime, Pete's site at http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Grain.htm
has some good g-a samples and explanations.

Mark T.