Re: filmscanners: Which Buggy Software?

At 19:29 15-07-01 +0100, Tony Sleep wrote:
>The other major issue for system stability is MS COM components.
>Registry entries for these get routinely messed up on every machine here,
>but are easily fixed again via Norton Utilities Windoctor|Repair All. This
>is the first place I look now if I get any untoward behaviour.

That's true but be careful using Norton's repair procedure in automatic
mode because it's overly enthusiastic it can remove perfectly good registry
keys. Always backup your registry before using Norton or any other repair tool.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.