Re: filmscanners: fogged film

Forget about the HP Photosmart, the way to do is with the Nikon and Vuescan, and
use the multiscan feature (experiment with number of passes). Output your files
in 48bit tif mode so that Photoshop has a chance of adjusting the levels..
expect some noise (grain) in the shadows. Adjust the brightness setting in
Vuescan until you get a decent looking histogram. Finalize all adjustments in
Photoshop.

I do astrophotography, every frame I take looks like what you describe (g)..

"Norman Quinn" <nquinn@uwimona.edu.jm>  wrote:

>Using a Nikon 2000 scanner or a HP Photo smart scanner and nikon and vuescan
>software, what would be the best place to start to extract the images from the
>film.
>
>The images were shot underwater documenting coral diseases. I am not so
>concerned about quality as the ability to see diseased coral. It is just too
>hard to go reshoot.

Herm
Astropics http://home.att.net/~hermperez

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.