Re: filmscanners: SS120 & Nikon 8000 ... how do they work?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Hans Rijnbout wrote:

> And in the meantime Canon came out with its D2400F, promising 48 bit,
> 2400 dpi output (actually 2*1200 offset by half a pixel) from A4
> reflective and 4*5" transparent with FARE technology. No mention of
> Dmax. This could be just right for medium format negatives.

Somehow, I doubt it.  From what I've heard, this
is another over-hyped flatbed scanner, like the
Epson 16x0 series, but with a bit more spec-inflation.

The only flatbed scanner I've seen that delivers
close to 2500 dpi is the Agfa 2500.  The Umax
Powerlook 3000 claims 3048 dpi, but I've been
unimpressed with its scans of my 645 negatives.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.